Strengthen the Cadastral Federal Council in order that it can
comply with a wider range of requirements.
- Make efforts in order to achieve, as soon as possible, the
new National Law of Cadastre.
- Disseminate the results of the above mentioned survey.
- Increase the coordination, cooperation and communication
among cadastral organizations and related ones, in order to
improve their capacity building.
1. Access to data by the Internet and wireless communication:
Much attention is currently focussed on the dissemination
of spatial information through spatial data infrastructures (SDI).
SDIs have evolved out of and rely on a state's or a country's
land administration system and are the key infrastructure in enabling
land to be efficiently and effectively ...
2. Fully integrated spatial environment "Virtual Australia"
addressing sustainable development:
In a federation of states where each jurisdiction is responsible
for their own development, there are a whole range of differences
such as interoperability, jurisdictional responsibility, privacy,
cost recovery, custodianship ...
Modernization of technical aspects (data model, process model
and metadata), IT-tools and marketing for brought use of these
information as part of an information infrastructure provided
by the government (eGovernment).
The current initiatives for the late sharing of the inheritances
is a better collaboration with the Notaries.
For the problems of the boundaries, it will be a law taking in
compliance of the Mortgage law that will impose the preliminary
cadastration before the act transferring the immovable property
and also a map when new boundaries are created.
Digital maps are available within the departments network although
initiatives are being made so that this cadastral information
is available in the net.
- The Land Management and Administration Project to register
1 million land titles.
- Drafting law on management of state land.
- Drafting Sub-decree on registration of indigenous land rights.
- Drafting Sub-decree on social concession.
- Drafting Sub-decree on condominium.
A new resurvey program has been established to speed-up the project
and which take advantage of all sporadic surveys that carried
The Cyprus Government adopted in December 2005 the European strategy
towards implementing electronic governance under the e-Europe2005
After the successful operation of an Integrated Land Information
System, which satisfies the needs of the Department of Lands and
Surveys, the development of a National Integrated Land Information
System can now take place. A Land Information Council was created
by the Government in 1994 after a Council of Ministers Decision.
This Council consists of a total of 11 permanent members coming
from several Ministries, Government Departments, Utilities, and
Local Government. A re-organization of the Council's structure
is however necessary to make it more effective and efficient.
Reorganization of organizational structure of the COSMC is being
prepared. Instead of present 77 Cadastral Offices only 14 Cadastral
Offices (with many working places in districts) will be arranged.
The reorganization comprises also a mild rEducation of employees
and a rigorous separation of cadastral and surveying activities.
As a result of legislation activities there are a new Regulation
on providing cadastral data (modified condition of remote access
to cadastral data, access to data via every standard Post Office),
some amendments to the Survey and Cadastral Administration Act
(reorganization), and amendments to the Survey Act. A quite new
complex Cadastral Law was submitted to the government (in connection
with a newly prepared Civil Code).
Wider use of free of charge remote access to cadastral data via
Internet is under discussion with the Ministry of Finance and
the Ministry of Informatics.
A system of digital lodgement of cadastral data is currently
being implemented in order to improve the interaction between
the private surveying firms and National Survey and Cadastre and
thereby improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the cadastral
processes. The digitalisation of the cadastral register and the
cadastral maps has paved the way for changing the whole cadastral
process into a digital one. The software, entitled MIA, has been
developed by the initiative of the National Survey and Cadastre
in cooperation with the private surveyors association. By implementing
this new concept of digital lodgement still more responsibilities
will be placed in the private sector. The initiative is also regarded
as one of the pilot projects within the efforts of introducing
e-government in Denmark.
1. GPS for cadastral survey is an area that the Department of
Lands and Survey is studying at the moment. There is still a lot
of work to be done but we expect to base our decision on the Australian
and NZ experiences
2. The Surveyor Registration Board has approved the setting up
of a local survey training course together with the syllabus and
course content. Submissions have been made to Ausaid and FIG (International
Federation of Surveyors) for assistance in terms of funding and
Continuous development. A comprehensive project in co-operation
with the municipalities, Ministry of Justice and National Land
Survey to develop a uniform cadastre was concluded in 2005. The
next step will be to unify the land registry activities with the
cadastre administratively and to develop the IT-systems that are
needed. The quality of data will be improved according to standards
that are to be defined.
The goal is to create possibilities to develop electronic conveyancing
(legislation and IT-systems) at around 2015.
The 'Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Vermessungsverwaltungen der Länder
der Bundesrepublik Deutschland' (AdV) (Working Committee of the
Surveying Authorities of the States of the Federal Republic of
Germany) decided to design a new and future oriented system ALKISâ
in combination with a re-design of the Official Topographic and
Cartographic Information System ATKIS®.
ALKIS® in combination with ATKIS® is designed to:
- process all necessary cadastral and topographical data for
a parcel based map and register of land owners, land use and
more unified basic data for the entire Republic,
- control the use and maintenance of the system, and to ...
The Land Registry has tried to adopt a titles registration system
in parallel with the existing deeds registration. The Titles Registration
Bill is expected to become an ordinance in the near future.
The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors proposes a systematic re-survey
of all the land lots in New Territories. The cost of this project
is estimated at 240 million US dollars or 1,200 US dollars per
Under the National Cadastral Program the digital cadastral mapping
in the rural area will be completed before end of 2004. The TAKARNET
on line data service will be fully operational before the end
Since the first five years plan in the country, planners had
been advocating proper maintenance of land records, which are
the basis of good administration aimed at social justice through
better implementation of rural development programmes. During
7th five year plan it was decided that" the land records form
the base for all land reforms measures and, therefore, regular
periodical updating of land records is essential in all states.
This will necessarily have to include scientific survey of unmeasured
land and recording of rights of tenants and share-croppers which
have remained unrecorded until now".
This activity will require adopting latest information technology
The current initiatives that are being undertaken:
- Adopting high-tech in surveying and mapping;
- Simplifying land registration procedures;
- Developing nation wide land information system;
- Simplifying land registration requirements;
- Working together with other government institutions in the
acquisition of existing land data and information;
- Reforming land and cadastral laws and regulations.
1. Accelerating Registration: The development of means
necessary to shorten the checking and approval process to the
minimum is already under way. ...
2. Legal Coordinated Cadastre
3. Development of a better cadastral practice at the survey
4. Classification of licensed surveyors
5. 3D Cadastre: Starting from October 2004, there has
been active in SOI a 3D cadastre division. This division leads
the activities for the preparations ...
6. The use of GPS in cadastral surveys
7. Cadastral Information Supply via Internet: One of the
important tasks of the cadastral activity in Israel is the preparation
of mutation plans, which ...
8. New Survey Regulations: The Survey of Israel (SOI)
is responsible for preparing and updating Survey Regulations for
Geodetic Control Networks, ...
- Automation of Abstracts of Deeds: In some Land registration
offices especially in Tehran, the abstracts of deeds have been
recorded in the computer and expected to have full digital abstraction
within two next years.
- Make a new Cooperation between Cadastre and the other mapping
agencies: The National Cartographic Centre and Cadastral office
as well as National Geographic Organization have intention to
be coordinated through HCSM and also have recently some directly
linkage between them.
- Make the networks within the provinces to access the cadastral
data: Within state there is strong need to change or send the
data and make some legal queries as well.
- Some services are provided to promote the cadastral survey.
- Some municipalities try to share the information of cadastral
survey results including new survey in the municipal office
by using GIS.
- It is necessary to promote the reasonable plan and carry out
the cadastral survey properly.
1. The alternative that DLS come up with after consulting international
experts on this issue (mainly German experts through GTZ) is the
concept of partial resurveying. The concept strategy is to renew
the cadastral ...
2. DLS offered and is still offering scholarships to its employees
to obtain a bachelor degree in geomatics and surveying engineering
and in the same time the licensed surveyors are obliged to attend
training courses ...
3. In its effort to improve the quality of its products and services,
DLS has introduced the concept of quality assurance system ISO
9002 in mid of 2002. ISO 9002 certification was granted to the
head quarter of DLS ...
4. Technical specifications are revised and explained and their
implementation by all concerned parties are strictly followed.
Coordination of cadastral mapping for all outer islands into
a common geocentric datum is as important an initiative as the
development of a sound strategic approach for undertaking the
cadastral survey of all customary plots on Kiribati. Currently
there are project documentations still in its compilation stage
where GPS surveying is to be employed to establish and re-coordinate
existing geodetic controls onto a geocentric datum. This step
is essential to enable the establishment of a national SDI that
would encompass all islands of Kiribati onto one system.
Korea (Rep. of):
Digitization of Cadastral Map: The project of the Digitization
of Cadastral Map is to build a digital data base by electronic
disk files and surveying data coming from TS (total station) in
field. The cadastral information is opened for the public and
linked to the other database as facility mapping data for the
multi-purpose. The duration of the project is 5 years (1999-2003)
and 0.75 million sheets of cadastral map data is input and running
for the graphic purpose.
1. With merging graphical part of Cadastre in central database,
which is planned at the end of 2006, the problematic overlapping
of land parcel boundaries will be identified. In January 1, 2006,
Surveying Department has been established in SLS in order to deal
with land disputes.
2. Both Cadastre Register and Land Register are state institutions
in subordination to Ministry of Justice. Ministry of Justice has
adopted decision on merger of them until 2010 in the framework
of Lisbon protocol program.
3. As mentioned in the first point, it is planned to implement
central database for graphical part of Cadastre in 2006. This
task is set as a top priority for SLS in 2006. Problem of creation
of central database for textual data will be solved later.
- The overlapping parcels and those with gaps are adjusted during
the development and improvement of the cadastral map.
- In 2003, an international project on strengthening the state
registers was initiated and will start in 2004. It will address
the issues on improving the technological links between the
Register on Real Property and the Register on Mortgage.
- In 2003 the Centre of Register is implementing a new version
of the information system of Real Property Register, which aims
at integrating the land and buildings on it.
- The issue of Address Register has been touched upon while
implementing international projects that made analysis of the
current situation and lodged proposals for its establishment,
including the legal, technological and technical aspects. Also
a pilot project in Trakai district was implement, which addressed
the issue of addresses. At present the Government of the Republic
of Lithuania passed a resolution and delegated the Centre of
Registers to establish Address Register. An initiative is taken
and a new project is under preparation, which will focus on
the establishment of Address Register.
- The Land Registry encourages people to get their land registered
by stressing the advantages prescribed by the Land Registration
- The Cartography and Cadastre Bureau and Land Registry conclude
an agreement on data exchange via the intranet.
- A new Cadastral Information System under construction will
facilitate data integration. At present, we are trying to foster
greater interdepartmental cooperation and collaboration as to
provide better services and products.
1. Accreditation of Surveyors
Significant steps have been taken in Malaysia to adopt the
quality philosophy both within the public and private sector.
DSMM has introduced a system ...
2. Enhancing the DCDB
The importance of the DCDB has been recognised; without a
complete DCDB, it is unlikely that NaLIS would be able to meet
the expectations of the ...
3. Integration of CDMS and CLRS
There could evidently be extensive benefits if the CDMS of
DSMM and the Computerised Land Registration System (CLRS) of Land
Office are linked ...
4. Propagating Work in the Digital Environment
To complement the initiatives of DSMM, the LSBPM has also
initiated several programmes of its own, which are aimed at providing
the impetus for ...
Now, a National Regulating Framework is being elaborated and
conformed, as well as its system implementation.
The Government of Namibia started investigating alternative forms
of land tenure aimed at the lowest income sectors of community.
The Ministry ...
The Ministry of Lands, Resettlement and Rehabilitation is responsible
for the overall administration of state land, including communal
areas. Currently, ...
Seamless cadastral coverage
Initiatives on are way to generate a computerized coverage of
all cadastral and administrative boundaries to the benefit for
valuation, land taxation, ...
1. Improvement in the accuracy
To improve the accuracy and reliability of the cadastral documents
the following measures are taken into action :
- Launch programme to provide awareness in the context of ...
2. Redefine the word Verification and Adjudication
A team of members is constituted to define properly the word
verification of the existing document so that it will not mislead
the technician and administrator concerned in the process of mapping
and in the land ...
3. Minimize the number of Land Administration Organizations
Discussion is in process to reduce the number of organizations
related with land administration and trying to develop a system
to coordinate these organizations and to integrate and consolidate
the document in one ...
1. Recording of all public encumbrances on land. There are about
80 of this kind of public rights to land, of which 20 are indeed
recorded yet. Law is endorsed by the Parliament to impose recording
of public encumbrances ...
2. Law is endorsed in the Parliament pertaining to electronic
submission of deeds. This opened the opportunity for the notary
public to submit notarial deeds as a digital file per 1 September
2005. The concept is that notary public keeps ...
3. ICT renewal programme is currently running (-> 2010). This
concerns reduction of complexity (of different platforms, databases
and protocols), centralisation of databases and database management,
integration of spatial databases ...
4. As a result of the ICT renewal programme, the rationale for
the existence of regional offices is getting less and less. Since
September 2005 is it possible to lodge deeds electronically. Already
the first months over 30,000 deeds were ...
Most of the above are on a 2-5 year development plan.
1) A national parcel map database is under implementation by
the NMCA in co-operation with the municipalities. A new Norwegian
cadastre system will be implemented during 2007 and 2008, based
on today's information from the GAB system and the national parcel
2) New law on Cadastral issues
3) Quality improvement
Several projects are being eyed by the government to address
the above-noted problems such as Land Records Management and Information
System (LRMIS) and Land Administration and Management Project
(LAMP). Their aim, among others, is to automate land records.
With fully computerized Cadastral Information System, the government
hopes to achieve the following:
- The Land/Cadastral data/information can be shared with
other government offices as well as the requesting public
as quickly as possible.
- The system can be used in expediting processing of documents
In order to get the full benefit of having clear title it is
important to remove existing restrictions to the land market.
One aspect is to enable land users with existing permits and leases
to have full ownership rights. This work will be carefully conducted
under the Policy Formation sub-component and will require specific
legislative changes to the existing State Lands Ordinance and
Land Development Ordinance. Some work has already been done by
the Land Commissioner's Department and this will be continued
and draft revisions for the laws will be prepared by the end of
A range of other laws that affect land titling activity or that
will be affected by the above changes also need to be reviewed.
- Parliament has approved legislation on 3D real property formation,
which will come into force 1 January 2004.
- Ongoing daily reform work to improve working procedures based
among others on customary satisfaction investigations
- Development works to change IT support system to latest computer
In response to the above challenges, the Federal Directorate
for Cadastral Surveying (V+D) is undertaking the following initiatives:
1. Complete data coverage: V+D adopted a strategy in 2001 for
a complete AV93 coverage of all Cantons until the end of 2007.
2. "Land cover" layer in agricultural areas: V+D started a project
for the acceleration of the AV93 information layer "land cover"
in the transition zones between forest and agricultural areas.
Data acquisition is being done mainly through the use of digital
3. Integration of public restrictions and responsibilities: V+D
and the private sector surveyors have established working groups
for the discussion of the technical and organizational inclusion
of public restrictions and ...
Steps taken to address the identified issues include:
- Request for more funds from Treasury to be able to acquire
equipment and implement various activities.
- Cost recovery from cadastral services provided as a measure
- Decentralization of services to District/Urban Council levels
to avail services promptly to those who need them.
- Using state-of-the-art technology wherever possible to speed
up delivery of services.
- The 20,000 Plots Project in Dar es Salaam is being emulated
in other urban areas to mitigate the problem of supply of planned,
surveyed and serviced parcels.
- Acquisition of modern equipment to speed up work performance.
- Adoption of the de Soto program as a measure to recognize
properties in the informal settlements.
- Involve more participation of the private sector in the cadastral
system to cut down direct expenditure by government.
1. Turkish Land Registry and Cadastre Information System (TAKBIS)
project has been started in 1999. Some of the purposes of this
- Providing reliable land information required for land and
land-related activities and decision makers.
2. Because of the information system requirements, necessity
of resolution of the non-coordinated graphical cadastral sheets
has come to order. So, there are two ways to realize it:
- Revision of the property system where the non-coordinated
graphical cadastral sheets was done via land readjustment.
3. In big cities, infrastructure measurements have been started
in supervision of Infrastructure Coordination Center called AYKOME.
- Some services are provided to promote the cadastral survey.
integrating in a uniform computer registration system, different
agencies and institutions will supply necessary information for
the system. Besides, the Government is considering the possibility
of necessary institutional reforms for solving the matter. On the
first stage of creating the computer information system, it has
the possibility of using foreign experience in the project, for
example with support of European Union and other international organizations.
The development work for this system has already started.
- Establecimiento de un programa de capacitación para la elaboración
y formulación de proyectos de catastro municipal
- Proyecto con la empresa canadiense DMR Conseil "Análisis
de factibilidad y de planificación estratégica con respecto
a la elaboración e implantación de los sistemas requeridos por
el IGVSB en materia de gestión catastral, protección de derechos
inmobiliarios y valoración".
- Solicitud de crédito adicional interno o externo con el fin
de ejecutar proyectos cartográficos y de redes geodésicas.